October 30, 2014– As Veteran’s Day 2014 quickly approaches we have decided to provide some resources to assist the men and woman who have dedicated themselves to protecting the freedoms and lives of ordinary Americans in finding employment after their service with the military is complete. The list is not exhaustive and is not in any order of priority:
1. http://www.military.com– Military.com offers a careers section with the “largest veteran job board in the world.” Individuals can search for jobs, create and post resumes, network with other veterans and find nearby career fairs. There’s a list of military friendly employers, including Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Allstate, Walmart and Boeing.
2. http://www.vetjobs.com– VetJobs makes it easy to reach transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines, and their family members. VetJobs is a leading source for candidates with security clearances!
3. http://www.fedshirevets.gov– America’s Veteran is the official website of the U.S. Government, operated by the Office of Personnel Management to help vets find jobs in the federal government. Individuals can search for jobs as a veteran, transitioning service member or family member.
4. http://nvf.org– Since 1985 the National Veterans Foundation has helped over 350,000 veterans and their families with crisis and information services through the nation’s first toll-free, vet-to-vet hotline for all U.S. veterans and their families.
5. https://www.robinhood.org/vetresources– A network of sites offering veterans access to social services. Counselors work with veterans to determine which benefits they are eligible for in as little as 15 minutes, and then guide them through the application process and connect them to other on-site services.
6. http://www.veterans.ny.gov– New York State’s Official Veteran’s resource page.
7. http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/veterans/returningvets.html– Nassau County’s Official Veteran’s resource page.
8. http://www.nyc.gov/html/vets/html/services/employment.shtml– New York City’s Official Veteran’s resource page.
HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY and thank you for your service!